Saturday, July 16, 2011

Do i need a data plan (Internet/Email) to use the Droid X on Verizon?

I've looked online(Verizon's website and blogs) and everyone says that you do need a data plan. Also everyone says you need a data plan to use the Samsung Rogue, but i have the Samsung Rogue and i do NOT have a data plan. I have calling (obviously), unlimited texting, picture messaging (not unlimited), and am able to purchase ringtones, that's it! I was in the middle of a 2-year contract with a flip phone and decided to pay the full price for the Rogue. I deactivated my old flip phone and activated the Rogue on the same plan (same number and everything) at home using the activation directions paper i got from a worker at the Verizon store. It worked and it came with some apps such as Facebook and Myspace, which i already knew i wouldn't be able to use because i don't have a data plan (Internet/Email). Which brings me to my question, if i do the same thing by deactivating the Rogue, buy the Droid X at the full price and use the activation directions at home to activate it on my existing No Internet/Email plan, will i be able to use the Droid X just without the internet and email? Please don't tell me that using the Droid X without internet is pointless.... i don't care, i just need to know if this way will work just like the Rogue did even though it says the Rogue needs a data plan too. Thx.

No comments:

Post a Comment