Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ok so our puppy ran away...but I found him...read description?

So our 4-5 month old puppy ran away because my parents were trying to teach him how to fetch a toy in the pool by jumping into the pool to get it, and he wouldnt jump into the pool, so my mom decided to yank him up by his scruff and shove him into the pool. And I walked outside, and he start to get excited and he was jumping up on me, and my mom walked over, and he went to go hide on the stairs in the pool, and my dad grabbed him by his neck and dragged him out of the pool, so Apollo, (our lab puppy), ran around to the front of the house and came back around to the back and my dad started screaming at him and slamming him into the ground saying that he needed to "listen better" and he started hitting him and then Apollo started crying and he ran away... Then a few minutes later, my dad told us he ran away for real...so I hop on my bike and I found him almost half a mile away, and I brought him back to the house and I was petting him, and kissing him and praising him and so was everyone else...and my mom started yelling at him and was like "no, don't praise him, he needs to listen...he needs to be punished" ok so the questions are: 1) did he run away because he was scared? 2) he is in his cage now sleeping, and should we have praised him when we got home, (which we did), or should he have been disciplined and punished??

No comments:

Post a Comment